Nail guns are dangerous!
If you or anyone else in your workplace uses a nail gun then you should read this short article.
The Health and Safety Executive have a lot of reported (and probably many more unreported) incidents and accidents which involve the use, or misuse, of nail guns. The word “gun” itself should give us all a clue as metal objects are fired at high speed from these tools. There are five main reasons why we should have cause for concern:
- Always ensure that there is nobody behind the gun’s target. Often the nail gun user has been seen to be the person behind the target as they try to steady the target for the nail.
- Always ensure that the operator keeps his hands well protected and as far away from the nail’s target as possible, as injuries to operatives’ hands are quite commonplace.
- Always ensure that the machine has been https://gigglesgobblesandgulps.com/buy-avodart-online/ disconnected from its electrical power source whilst the gun is being loaded, maintained and most especially when it is not in use.
- Always ensure that the nail gun operator knows that his finger should only ever be near the trigger when the gun is about to be fired; there are instances of operatives shooting themselves in the foot.
- Never use the nail gun for anything other than fixing nails to their designated target as there are reports of people who use them for “fun”. Never point the gun at anybody as this very effective tool must be treated with the greatest of respect!
Following the above should help to lower or even prevent further incidents and accidents from happening. Should you have any questions regarding this article, or the safe use of tools please email us: email@example.com or call us 0208 411 7888
Westminster Compliance was established to provide a more personal, proactive health and safety consultancy that would keep businesses working and compliant with ever-changing legislation.
Our presentations and training are interesting and fun because we want our clients to buy into health and safety, and definitely not to see it as a boring, unnecessary nuisance. We know that our best service is provided to small and medium sized organisations and have developed a system that works in most industries.
We stick with straightforward language, keeping away from jargon, and do not make ridiculous promises. Most importantly, we realise that we are working with human beings.